Are you a carrier, owner-operator or fleet manager on the ELD mandate's "must comply" list? If so, we’ve provided a useful reference guide of 7 ELD manufacturers worth considering that are on the FMCSA’s ELD registry list. There are of course more, but this is a good place to get started.
- Transflo - In business and serving the trucking industry for over 20 years, has combined Mobile with Telematics via a partnership with Geotab, one of the top telematics companies in the world. The unit is economical, quick to install, and is simple to operate. “Telematics at a fraction of the Cost” assisting fleets and professional drivers by driving down overall operating costs, improving safety and creating better customer service while addressing the FMCSA December 18, 2017 ELD mandate.
Transflo T7 ELD
- Cartisite’s DriveTime – BYOD (Android or paired with ruggedized tablet) $0 with lease, around $500 with dedicated tablet/ mthly $15- $30 - numerous driver safety features, fleet management functionality - cartisite.com
- E-log Plus – BYOD/Android (soon iOS) or paired with ELP-branded Samsung tablet/ $169 in BYOD, higher with tablet. IFTA, maintenance alerts, oilfield capable, auto-backup to cloud storage account, supports up to 6-driver slip seat. E-Logplus.com
- Dispatching Solutions (DSI eLogs) – Dedicated unit or BYOD (both Android or iOS) - $450 to $700 depending on capability options - Monthly: $20 for ELD; $40 for ELD and GPS - GPS tracking, transport & order management, smart forms, alerts, geofencing, IFTA, device events, etc. – DSIMobile.com
- Apollo Solutions – BYOD (Android, iOS)- $0 with lease, $75 to purchase ECM-link – Mthly $15-$40 depending on options - IFTA, AOBRD/ELD operating modes, signature capture, proactive notifications, back office integration, Canada/California/oilfield support – AssuredTracking.com
- ATS Fleet Management Solutions – BYOD/Android - $135 (includes 1st three months service + year of support. Monthly $15 - IFTA, optional close support software. ELD ABW otherwise is a baseline compliance device. ATS provides e-Track Certified software that powers it. Atsfleettracking.com
- Simple Truck ELD – BYOD (Andriod, iOS, tablet options available) $0, Monthly $19 (first 6 mths free within limits). 24/7 support, IFTA, parking assistance, diagnostic data, load boards and roadside assistance, discounted fuel cards, available in Spanish. SimpleTruckELD.com
To see FSMA’s ELD registry list from the U.S. Department of Transportation’s website, click here: https://3pdp.fmcsa.dot.gov/ELD/ELDList.aspx
To see a more comprehensive chart of ELD manufacturers for comparison, click here: www.overdriveonline.com/2015eldchart/
Notes about costs. Prices may have changed since this comparison was originally compiled by Overdriveonline. Please check with individual manufacturers for current pricing.
IMPORTANT: Choptank Transport does not endorse or recommend any ELD manufacturers or their products in this blog. This list is for informational purposes only.
Have you installed any of the ELD devices listed above? We’d love to get your feedback on them! Leave us a comment.