Are you a carrier, owner-operator or fleet manager on the ELD mandate's "must comply" list? If so, we’ve provided a useful reference guide of 7 ELD manufacturers worth considering that are on the FMCSA’s ELD registry list. There are of course more, but this is a good place to get started.
- Cartisite’s DriveTime – BYOD/Andrioid or paired with ruggedized tablet/$0 with lease, around $500 with dedicated tablet/ mthly 15-$30 – numerous driver safety, fleet mgmnt functionality – cartisite.com
- E-log Plus – BYOD/Android (soon iOS) or paired with ELP-branded Samsung tablet/ $169 in BYOD, higher with tablet. IFTA, maintenance alerts, oilfield capable, auto-backup to cloud storage account, supports up to 6-driver slip seat. E-Logplus.com
- Dispatching Solutions (DSI eLogs) – Dedicated unit or BYOD (both Android or iOS) - $450 to $700 depending on capability options - Monthly: $20 for ELD; $40 for ELD and GPS - GPS tracking, transport & order management, smart forms, alerts, geofencing, IFTA, device events, etc. – DSIMobile.com
- Apollo Solutions – BYOD (Android, iOS)- $0 with lease, $75 to purchase ECM-link – Mthly $15-$40 depending on options - IFTA, AOBRD/ELD operating modes, signature capture, proactive notifications, back office integration, Canada/California/oilfield support – AssuredTracking.com
- ATS Fleet Management Solutions – BOYD/Android - $135 (includes 1st three months service + year of support. Monthly $15 - IFTA, optional close support software. ELD ABW otherwise is a baseline compliance device. ATS provides e-Track Certified software that powers it. Atsfleettracking.com
- Simple Truck ELD – BYOD (Andriod, iOS, tablet options available) $0, Monthly $19 (first 6 mths free within limits). 24/7 support, IFTA, parking assistance, diagnostic data, load boards and roadside assistance, discounted fuel cards, available in Spanish. SimpleTruckELD.com
- FleetUp - Android and iOS, $25/per vehicle/per month, $0 equipment fees, ELD-HOS compliance, fleet management, and asset tracking, 4 levels of service. Includes GPS tracking, trip history, miles, hours, MPG, alerts, stop time, replay video per trip, daily trip summary. Fleetup.com
To see FSMA’s ELD registry list from the U.S. Department of Transportation’s website, click here: https://3pdp.fmcsa.dot.gov/ELD/ELDList.aspx
To see a more comprehensive chart of ELD manufacturers for comparison, click here: www.overdriveonline.com/2015eldchart/
Notes about costs. Prices may have changed since this comparison was originally compiled by Overdriveonline. Please check with individual manufacturers for current pricing.
IMPORTANT: Choptank Transport does not endorse or recommend any ELD manufacturers or their products in this blog. This list is for informational purposes only.
Have you installed any of the ELD devices listed above? We’d love to get your feedback on them! Leave us a comment.