How does Choptank monitor its refrigerated loads to ensure proper temperature?
If your goods must maintain a particular temperature throughout their journey, then you know firsthand the importance of selecting a 3PL that places a high priority on temperature regulation. At Choptank Transport we understand the importance of proper refrigeration, and we strive to provide it to our customers.
With that in mind, here are some of the ways we make sure the temperature requirements of your products are met throughout the trip from your facility to their final destination.
* Carrier compliance. The carrier is just as important to managing temperature integrity as any piece of technology. At Choptank Transport we thoroughly review every carrier we work with to make sure they are in good standing. Additionally, we never work with a carrier that has earned negative ratings.
* Predestination standards. Before the truck is ever loaded, all carriers are alerted to the inventory’s temperature requirements and their trucks must be precooled before cargo is added. We also allow trucks to run only on continuous cooling options rather than cycle cooling. This ensures your product will maintain the desired temperature throughout the trip.
* Daily check-in calls. We connect with our drivers at least twice a day to make sure your package is traveling safely and at the proper temperature.
* Locus Traxx. Perhaps our most important temperature-monitoring feature, Locus Traxx, is a disposable, accurate temperature gauge and GPS system that alerts us whenever a truck’s temperature is too high or too low. This allows us to contact the driver immediately and alert them of the problem. On longer trips when multiple stops may be made, Locus Traxx also allows us to monitor the temperature and alert the driver if the temperature is rising too much during one of the stops.
* Intermodal. We monitor the temperature of your goods not only on our trucks but on the rails as well. Intermodal allows us to track fuel levels and temperatures on rail cars across the country. This tracking means we receive an alert whenever a temperature shifts to a less desirable level so we can work to correct the problem immediately.We also use Geofencing to monitor the train and your cargo to ensure both stay on their intended route at all times.
To learn more about our refrigeration options and how we can help you as your 3PL provider, contact us today.