Choptank Transport's #1 Core Value - Commit
Whether you're choosing where to buy your groceries, who you're willing to work for, or what company you'll trust with transporting your goods across the country, you want to partner with fair and ethical businesses. Such organizations are not only trustworthy and provide a high level of value, they are also helping — in their own small way — to make the world a better place.
Choptank is committed to providing the highest quality 3PL services to customers and carriers, with a steadfast dedication to fair dealings, honesty, integrity and professionalism. In fact, commitment to transparency is a key part of our core values. It starts on the inside with our employee training and carries through every step of the transportation journey.
Because ethical business practices are a priority for Choptank, the company is a member of the Transportation Intermediaries Association (TIA). As part of this membership, we are required to adhere to the TIA Code of Ethics, the leading standard for the transportation industry.
The TIA Code of Ethics requires members to:
- Deal fairly with customers, colleagues, fellow members and the general public.
- Adhere to honesty and integrity, and to generally accepted principles of professional conduct.
- Not engage in any practice that corrupts the integrity of TIA, the third party transportation services industry or process of government.
- Make accurate and prompt payment for all contractual obligations.
- Abide by all lawful agreements, including agreements with shippers, carriers and other transportation intermediaries.
- Conduct business professionally, with truth, fairness and responsibility to all customers, suppliers, associations and the TIA.
- Promote and actively participate in continuous improvement of the third party-transportation services profession.
Considering the rapid growth and evolution that affects the transportation industry, these ethical requirements are incredibly important. Choptank strives to be a positive part of this versatile and exciting world, because doing right affects everyone on so many levels. When companies follow fair, honest standards, everyone wins: the public, the businesses and the shipping industry.